I guess I am somewhat unobservant sometimes. Atleast when it comes it chores.
I was mowing the lawn on Saturday and saw a vine growing in my tree and was kind of annoyed at it because I thought it was a weed of some kind and I would have to deal with it later. Well today I was out in my back yard again looking at the vine in my tree and I noticed a pretty large pumpkin (albeit a green pumpkin) attached to it. I further examined and saw that a single vine had found its way through my fence from my neighbors yard. That single vine grew and forced its way up my butterfly bush and into the 8 foot branches of my tree. And there dangling 8 feet off the the ground was a pumpkin! And there was another pumpkin growing 2 feet off the group closer to the fence. And I feel pretty dumb because obviously this has been going on for weeks right in my own backyard and I didn't even know it. Crazy!
I showed two friends the pumpkin phenomenon today and one said that it was the craziest thing he's seen all year. (I am pretty sure he's seen more than a couple crazy things too.)
Here are some pictures of the phenomenon.
#1 - the sneaky vine
#2 - the pumpkin dangling 2 - 3 feet off the ground by the fence
#3 - the pumpkin in the tree (8 feet off the ground)
#4 - the whole picture




1 comment:
that is crazy. good thing you have the photos to back it up. i am in shock.
Post a Comment