
Sometimes it is exhausting to be a yellow. But then I try to not be yellow and I want to cry, pull my hair out and pass out from boredom.
Recently, I was sharing some of my random life adventures and got to one that I am not so proud of (getting a tattoo on a dare). When I was asked if I regretted the decision, I had to admit that while it was not the smartest thing I have ever done it is not on the top 10 list of things that I would do over if I had a chance.
That is the life of a yellow: impulsive, sheepish, and wondering "why the H did I do that?!" But other times I am absolutely marveled by how many completely amazing life experiences I have had. I feel blessed to have traveled and loved and played and celebrated.
I dont even know if I could even pick out my top 10 most yellow adventures, but I will share a few that I am most thankful for and that are rated PG.
** My Study Abroad to SE Asia. I didn't even have an inkling of interest in Asia at the time. In fact, I made fun of Asians (sorry Asian friends, this was pre-enlightenment). But my roommate (Big Red) said it would be fun so I did it. And it was fun and culturally enlightening. Fantastic!
** Moving to Orlando, FL. Why on earth would I move across the country to a place I didn't have a job and didn't know anyone? I ended up making some great, great friends while I was there though and have to say those years were the most fun of my whole life.
** Forgiving Easily. I have been really, really angry and frustrated with people in the past. Frustrated to the point of tears and angry to the point of being completely irrational. However, the gift of a yellow is that when someone says "I am sorry. I miss you. I need you." I can forgive. (its when they dont realize how much they like me that I continue to hold bad feelings - - a different topic entirely)
** Until I bought my house I was pretty much ready to move on a dime. If I wasn't happy with roommates, environment, or just about anything then I moved. I have lived in some pretty amazing places/ houses as a result. Sometimes I wish that I could sell my house so I could move again.
**There are some people who say I put up emotional walls and keep people at a distance. However, when I "click" with someone I throw all caution to the wind. I guess I am the kind of person who believes in love-at-first-sight and would elope on a 2nd date. Of course this has led to a few experiences I wish I could do over, but the romance of it all has been priceless. Perhaps this is why I keep searching . . . .
Recently, I was sharing some of my random life adventures and got to one that I am not so proud of (getting a tattoo on a dare). When I was asked if I regretted the decision, I had to admit that while it was not the smartest thing I have ever done it is not on the top 10 list of things that I would do over if I had a chance.
That is the life of a yellow: impulsive, sheepish, and wondering "why the H did I do that?!" But other times I am absolutely marveled by how many completely amazing life experiences I have had. I feel blessed to have traveled and loved and played and celebrated.
I dont even know if I could even pick out my top 10 most yellow adventures, but I will share a few that I am most thankful for and that are rated PG.
** My Study Abroad to SE Asia. I didn't even have an inkling of interest in Asia at the time. In fact, I made fun of Asians (sorry Asian friends, this was pre-enlightenment). But my roommate (Big Red) said it would be fun so I did it. And it was fun and culturally enlightening. Fantastic!
** Moving to Orlando, FL. Why on earth would I move across the country to a place I didn't have a job and didn't know anyone? I ended up making some great, great friends while I was there though and have to say those years were the most fun of my whole life.
** Forgiving Easily. I have been really, really angry and frustrated with people in the past. Frustrated to the point of tears and angry to the point of being completely irrational. However, the gift of a yellow is that when someone says "I am sorry. I miss you. I need you." I can forgive. (its when they dont realize how much they like me that I continue to hold bad feelings - - a different topic entirely)
** Until I bought my house I was pretty much ready to move on a dime. If I wasn't happy with roommates, environment, or just about anything then I moved. I have lived in some pretty amazing places/ houses as a result. Sometimes I wish that I could sell my house so I could move again.
**There are some people who say I put up emotional walls and keep people at a distance. However, when I "click" with someone I throw all caution to the wind. I guess I am the kind of person who believes in love-at-first-sight and would elope on a 2nd date. Of course this has led to a few experiences I wish I could do over, but the romance of it all has been priceless. Perhaps this is why I keep searching . . . .

2 comments:
so you read my post on being spontaneous and you had to one-up me, huh? you win.
This was a good blog. I feel like i know you better because of it. Ily.
Post a Comment