Monday, December 8, 2008

Now I do . .

I actually think I may be becoming less stubborn than I used to be. That is kind of a scary thought since I can still be pretty stubborn. But I have been making efforts to do things that before I was close minded to (aka: refused to consider.) Here are a few accomplishments:
1. Eating jello - - before I refused to eat it because i heard that it had bone and horse hoofs in it. many many years have passed until just this last month I tried it. its delicious. atleast in sugar free snack pack form. i love it.
2. Eating hot dogs - - I have not eaten a hot dog since 2nd grade. then this summer I ran a half marathon and ate a free veggie dog at the end of the race. It was so fantastic. I had a kosher dog for my birthday. This is a big step for me.
3. Reading in the bathroom - - This used to disgust me. and since so many people read in the bathroom books from used book stores and/or libraries disgusted me. but I am making efforts to get past this. i think it is working. I now even have a library card.
4. Eating in my bedroom. perhaps this comes from my phobia of ants (and bugs in general). but I am pushing past this nerosis and actaully have a little celebration inside myself when I see a dirty dish on my desk in my bedroom.

So there you go . . . those are a couple of my small accomplishments over the last few months.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can understand the dirty dish ant phobia after growing up at the whiskey hill house although that never really stopped me from eating in my room. I do hava a personal vendetta against any kind of ant though. As for the 5k I am down. I might even kiss a stanger with you! I have always wanted to do that. I am determined to make the most of 2009, I have a good feeling about it. love you

Michael said...

You ate at Muchas too!

Alicia said...

Kosher dog ... dig you eat MEAT!? I remember when you went veggie ... wasn't sure if it was still that way ... (I believe you once inspired me to SORT of go veggie ... in other words, whenever I got sick of pot roast, I claimed vegetarian for the week and ate PB&J ...)

;)