
I heard a quote several years ago that has stuck with me. Of course I am a paraphraser: "if everyone in the world gained 10 pounds we would all be much closer together." As I blog my accountability for all the dessert I eat, I find that I really do feel much closer to many of you in the process.
But in addition to my sweet tooth admissions, I also I have a few random share points to intermingle with the talk of food.
#1 - I am sooo excited to see my sis, Katie, and her family next week. And not just because there is a 100% chance that she & my other sis, Mary, will make deep dish brownies.
#2 - I love the Fergie song Clumsy. It is fun to fall in love. OK, the whole "falling in love" thing may be an exaggeration but I love new crushes. Especially new crushes that give gifts of homemade COOKIES!! And plan private cookie making parties. On the dessert scale of 1 - 10, cookies rate about a 4 or 5. But special crush cookies rate a 10!!! And I love SECRET crushes and related rendevous. Deliciously daring!! Sometimes I think I might go straight to hell for lust and gluttony but "a girl cant help it."
#3 - I have come to terms that I am a spoiled brat. Thoughtful gifts of rainbow sprinkles, GUMMY BEARS and chocolate from one that is too charming really puts me in the Christmas spirit. Two weeks ago I was feeling pretty ba-hum-bug but after cookie parties and gifts of GUMMIES I cant get Jingle Bells out of my head and the skip out of my step.
#4 - I am also HUMBLED by how blessed I really am to have good friends and supportive family. On Sunday I attempted to drive in inclement weather to my parents' house where my dad was waiting to put studded snow tires on my little car. However, on the way I got stuck in the snow and ice. MY HEROES SAVED ME!! Mikey came to my rescue and took me to a delicious burrito & fondue party with cozy, family-like friends. After an evening of friends and food, Joe took me to rescue my car. Then my fantastic roommate, Natalie, chauffered me to work on Monday. ily all.
#5 - Cold weather makes me crave blankets, books, and homemade SOUP!! Last night I made some deliciously sensual chicken and rice soup. mmmmm . . . . . and I got to share the soup with my roommate in matching blue bowls and then with my coworker Carol today at work.
#6 - Last weekend was my roommate's annual sweater party that included her traditional wassail. However, the drink hit of the evening was some eggnog delight that was mixed with delicious eggnog icecream. I have never had egg nog before and I dont think I ever will again unless it has eggnog icecream in it. It was delicious. Whose brilliant idea was that?? (hint: i am fishing for blog comments here . . .)
But in addition to my sweet tooth admissions, I also I have a few random share points to intermingle with the talk of food.
#1 - I am sooo excited to see my sis, Katie, and her family next week. And not just because there is a 100% chance that she & my other sis, Mary, will make deep dish brownies.
#2 - I love the Fergie song Clumsy. It is fun to fall in love. OK, the whole "falling in love" thing may be an exaggeration but I love new crushes. Especially new crushes that give gifts of homemade COOKIES!! And plan private cookie making parties. On the dessert scale of 1 - 10, cookies rate about a 4 or 5. But special crush cookies rate a 10!!! And I love SECRET crushes and related rendevous. Deliciously daring!! Sometimes I think I might go straight to hell for lust and gluttony but "a girl cant help it."
#3 - I have come to terms that I am a spoiled brat. Thoughtful gifts of rainbow sprinkles, GUMMY BEARS and chocolate from one that is too charming really puts me in the Christmas spirit. Two weeks ago I was feeling pretty ba-hum-bug but after cookie parties and gifts of GUMMIES I cant get Jingle Bells out of my head and the skip out of my step.
#4 - I am also HUMBLED by how blessed I really am to have good friends and supportive family. On Sunday I attempted to drive in inclement weather to my parents' house where my dad was waiting to put studded snow tires on my little car. However, on the way I got stuck in the snow and ice. MY HEROES SAVED ME!! Mikey came to my rescue and took me to a delicious burrito & fondue party with cozy, family-like friends. After an evening of friends and food, Joe took me to rescue my car. Then my fantastic roommate, Natalie, chauffered me to work on Monday. ily all.
#5 - Cold weather makes me crave blankets, books, and homemade SOUP!! Last night I made some deliciously sensual chicken and rice soup. mmmmm . . . . . and I got to share the soup with my roommate in matching blue bowls and then with my coworker Carol today at work.
#6 - Last weekend was my roommate's annual sweater party that included her traditional wassail. However, the drink hit of the evening was some eggnog delight that was mixed with delicious eggnog icecream. I have never had egg nog before and I dont think I ever will again unless it has eggnog icecream in it. It was delicious. Whose brilliant idea was that?? (hint: i am fishing for blog comments here . . .)

5 comments:
I love your blogging of dessert. It's so funny! The only thing I don't like about it is that it's making me look at my own life and all of my meals between meals..Yikes! Why is it that my husband can eat brownies and cookies constantly and never gain weight? Life is so unfair!
I love secret crushes too! I don't have one but I most certainly wish I did! And speaking of cookies I made cookies tonight as well as ice cream cookie sandwiches. So good! Also, you are 100% right about the brownies I acctually dusted off the reciepe on preperation for Katies arrivel.
P.S. I have never had egg nog either. I don't plan on it happening anytime soon too. Something about the words egg and nog for a drink does not sound appealing
I love being a hero =+). I think my heros reward should be some deep dish brownie... a large helping. And then for dessert... a side of Sara ;)
yes brownie. No ala mode =+)
Boo Mother Nature! I want brownies!!!!
Post a Comment